Saturday, February 1, 2014

Dissertating in the Swiss Appenzellerland

I was just reviewing old blog posts and realized I never posted my photos from our work trip to Switzerland. (How is that possible?) Twice each year my department goes on a four-day retreat to work on colleague dissertations. Most people in our department have to write their dissertation "nebenbei", that is, in addition to normal work duties and outside of work hours. I don't know how people ever finish with such a system! 

In any case, the retreats are usually in pretty areas within reasonable driving distance from Stuttgart. Below are some of the photos from our last retreat in the Swiss mountains. A German friend of mine who now lives in Switzerland calls her new home one of the most beautiful countries on Earth. I have to agree.

All that lush greenery goes out to my friends and family battling this year's winter on the East Coast. Spring will be on its way soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu